A search consists of two parts. The first part is called the LLC1 form. This form deals with all registerable charges, for example:
- financial charges (registered against property or land by the local authority
- housing and renovation grants
- tree preservation orders
- conservation orders; and
- planning applications which have been approved with conditions from 1st August 1977
The second part of the search can have two forms known as the CON29R and CON29O.
The CON29R deals with a set of standard questions and the CON29O deals with 'Additional Enquiries' relating to highways, planning and environmental health history which may affect the property or land.
Please see documents at the foot of this page for more information.
Applying to carry out a personal search
If you want to make a personal search of the local land charges register or council’s statutory registers, you can make an appointment between 9am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. There is a charge for this service.
If you want to make a full personal search, we need five days’ notice for an appointment. We will give you answers to enquiries on the LLC1 form and the CON29R form.
Sending in requests for searches
All forms should be sent in duplicate to ourselves.
All searches you send us must include:-
- the correct fee, cheques made payable to Dudley MBC (see fee list)
- an accurate, full postal address of the property you want us to search against including the post code; and
- two current plans of "ordnance survey" quality, showing the boundaries of the property of land you want us to search against clearly marked in red.
If you have a DX number, please make sure you quote it on all the searches you send to us. This helps keep costs down and return the search back to you more efficiently. Our DX number is: - 74144 Dudley 7.