[Skip to content]


Category: Licence
Premises Licence
Service area:
Legal Services
Further information:
The Licensing Act 2003 replaces six existing licensing regimes (Alcohol, public entertainment, cinemas, theatres, late night refreshment houses and night cafes).These will be replaced with a single integrated scheme for the licensing premises. It also transfers the responsibility of issuing liquor licences from the Magistrates Court to Local Authorities. Any person involved in supplying alcohol or authorising the supply of alcohol from establishments that hold a premises licence authorising the supply of alcohol (except Private Members Clubs) will need to hold a personal licence. This licence is valid for up to 10 years. It is portable and issued by the Borough in which the applicant lives at the time of application.
Legislation: Licensing Act 2003