[Skip to content]


Category: Registration
Acupuncture Practice
Service area:
Food and Occupational Safety
Further information:
If you are thinking about performing acupuncture on other people, whether at home or in a business premises, you will need to register with the Local Authority where you are normally based. You will need to register yourself and the premises where your business is normally carried on and for each additional person who operates with you. If you operate at more than one premises, even if this is in a different Local Authority's area, you will need to register each additional person at the premises in which you operate. If you occasionally perform acupuncture on someone in their home, at their request, you do not need to register at that place but you will still need to be registered at a premises where you normally operate from.