The service is a partnership between UK Visas and Immigration of the Home Office and some local council’s in England and Wales.
People wishing to apply for British citizenship have to complete a form and send it to the Home Office enclosing important documents such as passports.
Often applications are delayed as forms are completed incorrectly and have to be returned for amendments.
Dudley Council provide an application checking service by appointment only, at Dudley register office.
For a fee, specially trained staff will check applications and take photocopies of important documents to send to the Home Office.
The aim of the scheme is to both speed up the application process and enable applicants to keep their original documents.
The Home Office application form for nationalisation and guidance notes can be obtained from the UK Visas and Immigration of the Home Office website.
The service is regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner
Our Fees (including VAT)
We usually have NCS appointments available within 1 week.
To book an NCS appointment you need to complete our online form. We will contact you as soon as possible, usually the same or the next working day to make a confirmed booking and take the payment over the telephone. We need to have the payment before you attend; please do not attend without making an appointment as you will not be seen. Please do not telephone to book an appointment as you will be asked to complete the on-line form before we can make the appointment.
Please note, applicants without supporting evidence of their knowledge of English will not be accepted. It is very important that you complete the latest version of the application form AN as earlier versions cannot be accepted.
Applicants using the nationality checking service have the option to bring their completed passport application form and payment to their appointment to be processed alongside their citizenship application for an additional fee of £10 per application. You must bring your completed from to your appointment along with the appropriate Passport fee. Once you have attended a citizenship ceremony you will receive your British Passport within a few days. If your citizenship application is unsuccessful you will lose the fee that has been paid to the Passport Office. Please read the notes below before attending your appointment.
1. Applicants should complete sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 (if applicable) and 9 of the passport application form. They do not need to complete section 10 nor have the 2 photographs certified. Details of referees will be collected as part of the citizenship application.
2. The photographs submitted with both applications must be identical (i.e. from the same sitting) and comply with the photo standards as described in the accompanying guidance. Applicant’s name should be written on the back of the photographs.
3. Section 1: Any applicant within 6 months of their 16th birthday at the time of application must attend the appointment in person.
4. Section 2: Please do not enter a mobile phone number in section 2 of the application form. Please enter it in Section 8 instead.
5. Section 4: Grandparents’ details are not required.
6. The payment mandate on Page 25 of the Application guidance must be completed. Please ensure that the security number of the card is entered in the appropriate box
7. If you are unsure about any requirements leave the section of the form blank and complete it at your appointment.
Do you need to contact us?
Contact Dudley Citizenship & Registration Services online or telephone 01384 815373. Please note our lines are quieter in the afternoons.