[Skip to content]


Civil Partnership

The Civil Partnership allows same-sex couples to have their relationships legally recognised.  The status confers similar rights and responsibilities as civil marriage across a wide range of legal matters.

Those subject to immigration control wishing to register a civil partnership will be required to demonstrate that they have:

  • An entry clearance granted for the purpose of registering a civil partnership, or

  • A certificate of approval from the Home Office, or

  • Settled status in the UK

Contact: Dudley Council Plus on 0300 555 2345

Further information about Civil Partnership