[Skip to content]


Child Protection

'It is everybody’s responsibility to keep children and young people safe'

  • Have you have you got a serious concern about the safety of a child or young person up to the age of 18?  
  • Do you think a child or young person is being harmed or is at risk of being harmed?
  • Are you worried that a child is living in circumstances where they are treated badly and not cared for properly?

If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions and you don’t believe that the child or young person has an allocated Social Worker, please contact 0300 5550050 immediately.

Please note: If the child you are calling about already has a dedicated Social Worker please contact them directly in the first instance.

For further information please see our Dudley Safeguarding website

  • pdf
  • What to do if you're worried a child is being abused - Advice for practitioners [pdf / 302KB] This advice is for anyone whose work brings them into contact with children and families, including those who work in early years, social care, health, education (including schools), the police and adult services. It is relevant to those working in the statutory, voluntary or the independent sector, and applies in relation to all children and young people irrespective of whether they are living at home with their families and carers or away from home.