[Skip to content]


Benefits Advice

There are a number of ways of getting benefits advice. There are some options below and some further links on the right of the page.

Online help

There is a lot of benefits advice available from the government at www.gov.uk - carers and disability benefits including the Benefits Adviser where if you have the relevant information, you can check entitlement to a range of benefits online.

Housing and Council Tax benefits

Follow the link for information about Dudley housing and council tax benefits including recent changes. This information is for all the Borough's residents.

Welfare Rights Service

Our Welfare Rights Service provides information about welfare benefits and payment of contributions to people who have had a social care assessment and also to agencies who support vulnerable people.

Current issues

Disability Living Allowance (DLA) is gradually being replaced by Personal Independence Payment (PIP). DLA is no longer available for new claimants over the age of 16.

If you are worried, confused, or simply need more information, please see Related Documents  to the right of this page.