[Skip to content]


Childcare, activities and family support

children playing
Children playing a parachute game

The Family Information Service (FIS) offers an online directory to give families a useful guide to services and organisations that support children and young people, parents, carers and the people who work with them. Information is available on all aspects of family life.

The service also has information all the Ofsted registered childcare providers in the Dudley borough. The database includes childminders, day nurseries, playgroups, toddler groups, play schemes and after school clubs.  We work closely with the childcare strategy team to promote good quality affordable and accessible childcare. You can search for a local service or activity by type, location or age range, and can also search for specific requirements. We work with Ofsted to ensure that the information we give on childcare provision is both up to date and accurate.

Visit our online Early Help Service Directory

We also want to hear from any clubs, groups or services who would like to be included in the directory. For information contact the FIS team on 01384 814398 or email fis.cs@dudley.gov.uk

We are open for telephone enquires from 9am to 5pm weekdays and have 24-hour answer phone facility. In addition to this you can email us via our online form, contact us through Dudley Council Plus on 0300 555 2345, or visit the  Early Help Service Directory.


What do I do if I am worried about the way my childcare provider behaves?
If you wish to make a complaint about a childcare provider or have concerns for the safety and well being of the children in their care you can ring the Ofsted Complaints Line 0300 123 4666

Is there any funding available for my childcare?

If your child is aged 2 and you meet the criteria you may be entitled to 15 hours per week of free childcare with  Time for Twos. All 3 or 4 year olds are entitled to 15 hours free childcare from the term after their third birthday  with Nursery Education Funding.
If you are working you may be entitled to help towards the costs of your childcare through Universal Credit You may be able to get help via your employer.

Contact Details

  • Name Family Information Service
  • Address The Council House, Dudley, DY1 1HF
  • Telephone 01384 814398