[Skip to content]


Home Contents Insurance for Council Tenants and Leaseholders

Home Contents Insurance for Council Tenants and Leaseholders

We strongly advise all of our tenants to take out Home Contents Insurance; the council provides building insurance for your council property but it is your responsibility to insure the contents of your home.

Some tenants believe that we automatically insure their furniture, belongings and decoration against theft, vandalism, fire and burst pipes. This is not the case. Unfortunately many people only realise this after the damage is done.

We have made it easier for you to insure your belongings under a special home contents insurance scheme arranged by the council with Aviva Insurance Ltd*.

* The council cannot guarantee that its scheme provides the cheapest cover available nor that it provides the widest cover. You are recommended to seek alternative quotations and choose the cover which best suits your needs.

Why do I need insurance? What does it cover?

How much does it cost? How do I pay?

How to apply

Existing policyholder information

How to make a claim

Latest Offers / Terms and Conditions - 4 weeks free offer

Terms and Conditions

My Dudley

For local property information, enter your postcode and hit 'Go'