Decisions on planning applications relating to major development are required to ensure that sustainable drainage systems (SuDS) are used for the management of surface water.
Major development is development involving any one or more of the following:
- the winning and working of minerals or the use of land for mineral-working deposits;
- waste development;
- the provision of dwelling houses where -
- the number of dwelling houses to be provided is ten or more; or
- the development is to be carried out on a site having an area of 0.5 hectares or more and it is not known whether the development falls within sub-paragraph (c)(i);
- the provision of a building or buildings where the floor space to be created by the development is 1,000 square metres or more; or
- development carried out on a site having an area of one hectare or more.
Download Dudley Council’s draft SuDS design guidance
SuDS proposals should be considered at a very early stage within the development design and planning application process and as such Dudley Council welcome early consultations with the Council’s planning officers.
Further guidance can be obtained from your local planning authority and from the following sources: