Skip to main content

Energy Bills rebate

More information on the £150 energy bills rebate

Dudley Council
Dudley Skyline

Food handlers must receive appropriate supervision, and be instructed and/or trained in food hygiene, to enable them to handle food safely.

Those responsible for developing and maintaining the business's food safety procedures, based on HACCP principles, must have received adequate training. The requirements for training should be seen in the context of the nature and size of the business.

There is no legal requirement to attend a formal training course or get a qualification, although many businesses may want their staff to do so. The necessary skills may also be obtained in other ways, such as through on-the-job training, self-study or relevant prior experience. The operator of the food business is responsible for ensuring this happens.

If you are not running a food business it's still a good idea to have an idea of the principles of food hygiene. Take a look at our home catering web pages to see what things you might need to know.

Where can I get some food hygiene training?

The following information lists local providers of training or contact us for advice.

Food Hygiene Training Course providers:

Dudley MBC
(01384) 816671/72

Dudley College of Technology

The Broadway, Dudley, West Midlands, DY1 4AS
Dudley College
(01384) 363000

Stourbridge College

Hagley Road Center, Hagley Road, Stourbridge. West Midlands, DY8 1QU
Stourbridge College
(01384) 344344

Halesowen College

Whittingham Road, Halesowen, West Midlands, B63 3NA
Halesowen College
(0121) 602 7777

Thorns Community College

Stockwell Avenue, Brierley Hill, DY5 2NU
(01384) 816 225

Chartered Institute of Environmental Health

Chadwick Court, 15 Hatfields, London SE1 8DJ
CIEH Course finder and CIEH e-Learning
020 7928 6006

  • Food and Trading Standards, 4 Ednam Road, Dudley, West Midlands DY1 1HL
    Telephone: 0300 555 2345

  • Monday to Friday, 8.45 am to 5.00 pm, Please note that the offices are closed at weekends and Bank Holidays