Recently Viewed

Close Remove All

dudley metropolitan borough council header logo the historic capital of the Black Country
Dudley Skyline

Care of your pets in the event of an emergency

Unforeseen events such as admission to hospital or residential care are difficult enough to deal with but, if you have a pet, this can add to the distress that you may already be experiencing.

Options to consider

There are a number of options that you may wish to consider:

  • Prepare by asking family, friends or neighbours if they would be prepared to look after your pet if such an emergency occurred.
  • You could ask your local vet, the RSPCA to suggest some options.
  • You could also contact the boroughs Staff, from the Food & Occupational Safety section, who are responsible for ensuring satisfactory animal welfare standards within the Borough. They can be contacted at:

Further Information

The following internet sites may also be of use:

  • Find any UK Vet. This site will locate the nearest vet – you simply type in your post code.

  • The Cinnamon Trust is a nationwide charitable organisation who have registered volunteers that work across the UK. Telephone: (01736) 757900

  • Pets Placement is another charitable organisation that allows you to register for a small see and they will make any arrangements necessary if you have an emergency.

The RSPCA have local offices and you can find these numbers in your local telephone directory.

Contact Details

  • Name Environmental Safety and Health
  • Address People Directorate, 3-5 St James's Road, Dudley, DY1 1HZ
  • Telephone 0300 555 2345