Recently Viewed

Close Remove All

Dudley Council the historic capital of the Black Country
Dudley Skyline

Health and Safety registrations

From 6 April 2009 employers no longer have to register premises in which their employees work with either the Local Authority or the Health & Safety Executive. The requirement to register was been removed following a consultation by the Health and Safety Executive to reduce red-tape for businesses. However, certain high-risk activities still need a registration or a licence from the Council.

Please see our section on Public Health licences for further information.

Beauty / Cosmetic Industry

Materials Handling


Further information

Try the starting up a 'new business' pages on the business link website or the Council's business advice and support pages.

Do you need a licence or registration?

Whether you own a pub or food outlet, are a street trader, own an exotic animal or drive a private hire vehicle, you may need a licence or some form of consent from the Council.

Please refer to our Directory of Licences to see what applies.

If you are still unsure whether you need a licence or registration, please contact us.

Safety Notifications

Registering certain activities

Contact Details

  • Name Environmental Safety and Health
  • Address People Directorate, 3-5 St James's Road, Dudley, DY1 1HZ
  • Telephone 0300 555 2345