Recently Viewed

Close Remove All

Dudley Council the historic capital of the Black Country
Dudley Skyline

EHOs / EHPs work to ensure that the food we eat is safe and of good quality, to improve housing conditions, to safeguard standards of workplace health and safety, and to create a better environment.

As an environmental health practitioner (EHP) you can choose to be a generalist or to specialise in a particular area. You might be employed by a major supermarket chain to manage food safety and hygiene, by a housing association to advise on housing standards, or by a local authority to deal with noise nuisance or environmental pollution.

For new entrants to environmental health, there are three stages to qualifying as an environmental health practitioner (EHP):

The EH Careers website provides information for school leavers, or those planning to undertake a qualification in environmental health.

Where do EHO's work in Dudley?

EHPs work in a number of different work roles in the Council, including:

Food safety

Health and Safety

Environmental Protection

Waste Management

Private Sector Housing

Further information

Becoming an Environmental Health Officer

Contact Details

Food and Consumer Safety, 4 Ednam Road, Dudley, West Midlands DY1 1HL

Telephone 0300 555 2345
Monday to Friday, 08:45 - 17:00 Closed weekends and Bank Holidays

Contact General Advice and Complaints Form