1. No animal (including birds and fishes, i.e; all vertebrates) shall be exposed to strong light or heat or be deprived of adequate warmth, and animals (other than fish or reptiles) shall not be kept in cellars unless there is ventilation and light adequate for their health. Facilities to inspect premises at all reasonable times to a duly authorised official of the Licensing Authority.
2. No animal shall be displayed in a cage, hutch, box or other receptacle in any part of a street or public place, or in any position so as to expose it to interference or annoyance by persons or animals outside the shop premises.
3. Accommodation provided for animals shall be in all other respects suitable as respect size, temperature, lighting, ventilation and cleanliness.
4. All animals shall be fed suitably and watered at least once every twelve hours (except where an adequate supply of food and fresh water is constantly available) and all animals shall be visited at least once every twelve hours.
5. Shopkeepers stock shall not be crowded into the shop to such an extent that ingress and egress is difficult.
6. Stock (such as dog biscuits, seeds etc) kept outside the premises or elsewhere during business hours, must not be stored at night in gangways of the premises so as to cause obstruction in the event of fire or other emergency.
7. No animal shall be displayed for sale outside the premises during inclement weather.
8. THE LICENSEE SHALL ENSURE THAT A RESPONSIBLE PERSON SHALL AT ALL TIMES BE IN OR WITHIN A REASONABLE DISTANCE FROM THE PREMISES FOR THE PURPOSE OF GIVING WARNING AND TAKING OTHER NECESSARY STEPS IN THE EVENT OF FIRE OR OTHER EMERGENCY. IN THE CASE OF LOCK-UP PREMISES, OUTSIDE BUSINESS HOURS THE LICENSEE SHALL APPOINT A RESPONSIBLE PERSON WITHIN A REASONABLE DISTANCE OF THE PREMISES TO HAVE CUSTODY OF THE KEY. THE NAME AND ADDRESS OF SUCH PERSON SHALL BE DISPLAYED IN LEGIBLE CHARACTERS ON THAT FRONT DOOR OR WINDOWS, OF THE PREMISES AND BE NOTIFIED TO THE LOCAL FIRE SERVICE. A SUPPLY OF WATER AND SAND AND/OR AN EFFICIENT FIRE EXTINGUISHER MUST ALWAYS BE AVAILABLE ON THE PREMISES. THE TELEPHONE NUMBER OF A PERSON WHO CAN BE CONTACTED, MUST BE DISPLAYED AT ALL TIMES IN SUCH A WAY THAT IT CAN BE READ FROM OUTSIDE THE SHOP,
9. No animal which is suffering from or could reasonably be suspected of having come into contact with any other animal suffering from any infectious disease shall be brought or kept on the premises unless it is effectually isolated from the other animals therein.
10. The Licence is restricted to the sale of Rabbits, Hamsters, Rats, Mice, Gerbils, Snakes, Lizards, Chipmunks, Birds, Fish, Guinea Pigs, Tortoises and Chinchillas
11. No animal shall be sold unweaned or if weaned, at an age at which it should not have been weaned.
12. Where animals are kept in cages, hutches, boxes or other receptacles placed on top of other cages, hutches, boxes or other receptacles effective means shall be provided for preventing water, food or other droppings falling on to or contaminating the animals or other surroundings which are underneath.
13. No pets shall be sold to any person known or believed to be under the age of 12 years.
14. The licence does NOT cover the sale of any animal listed in the schedule to the Dangerous and Wild Animal Act 1976.
15 Undertake and maintain a suitable mouse treatment programme on the premises.