Dudley is the historic and civic heart of the Borough. With its Castle, Zoo, market, museums and medieval street layout there is also enormous potential. Already the town has a wealth of professional services and retail outlets to suit all pockets and tastes. The bustling town centre and its market are a focus for activity for the local population and through regeneration the Council is looking to revive the town’s fortunes based on a richer mix of shops, cafés, restaurants, small businesses and creative enterprises, allied with its status as the tourism focus for the Black Country.
Major developments on-going or in the pipeline include:
- £81m major mixed-use town centre regeneration scheme
- major expansions to Dudley College - Institute of Technology
- building of the Very Light Rail National Innovation Centre
- major new Metro infrastructure investment underway
- new transport interchange located in the heart of the town centre
- new proposals for the Castle Hill area
All of these improvements and developments will ensure Dudley remains at the forefront as a leading shopping, leisure and business centre, supporting a vibrant economy.