Dudley Empowerment Partnership and Citizens Advice have an exciting opportunity for people to join an army of volunteers.
50 cost of living crisis hub volunteers urgently needed – no experience required
They are recruiting volunteers to work in their Cost of Living Crisis hubs. These are being set up across the Borough and will be there to respond to the cost of living crisis, this winter, and beyond.
The hubs will help those who are struggling to make ends meet. They are looking for paid and volunteer roles to help deliver different activities. All to help ease financial stress to individuals.
- Term of opportunity: 12 months (minimum availability to volunteer with us 3 months)
- Commitment: This role requires minimum 5 hour’s (1 day - 10-3pm) commitment per week
- Hub Locations: 4 x Dudley Borough Community venues – To be confirmed
Dudley Empowerment Partnership and Citizens Advice Dudley & Wolverhampton:
Our volunteers are at the heart of everything we do. We couldn’t function without the support of volunteers, who are able to offer a vital lifeline to people facing significant barriers to everyday living. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join an army of like-minded people that we are recruiting to (paid and volunteers) to work in our Cost of Living Crisis hubs that we Dudley Empowerment Partnership, in connection with Citizens Advice, is setting up, to respond to the crisis that many people will be facing this winter, and beyond, because of the financial increases we are seeing in so many areas (in the media termed ‘cost of living crisis’).
Starting in November, the hubs will be offering help to people who are experiencing poverty and in need of crisis help to immediately increase their finances and save money.
The cost of living crisis hub worker will help people to alleviate immediate financial hardship by:
- Giving out charitable payments e.g. household support funds
- Distributing food vouchers
- Distributing fuel vouchers
- Helping to show people how and where they can save money
- Helping our paid staff to do a benefit check
- Helping our paid staff to give immediate energy advice
- Telling people where else they can go for help (we have these details you will share with people)
No experience needed
All training will be provided towards end of October, beginning of November.
You will be:
- IT literate (be able to use email, access the internet)
- Confident to talk to people to members of the public coming to the hubs
- Good communicator
- Empathetic and compassionate
- Want to make an immediate difference to people’s lives
- Be reliable (we need you to turn up and commit)
- Enjoy working within a team
If you think you can help, please complete the application form by 10am Friday 21st October.
Dudley Empowerment Partnership and Citizens Advice Bureau Dudley & Wolverhampton application form
They need all the help they can get, so if you’re interested, whatever the hours, then please send an email and they will get back in touch as soon as possible.
Please be aware they will only accept their forms, fully completed. Please do not email any alternative documents or messages. Due to limited resource they will not be able to get back in touch with you unless you are shortlisted.
Thank you in advance for your interest!