People who are clinically extremely vulnerable are at high risk of getting seriously ill from coronavirus (COVID-19). They should have received a letter advising them to shield or have been told by their GP or hospital clinician.
Updated Government guidance following 22 June announcement
Until 6 July, you should continue to shield in line with current guidance.
From 6 July, you can
- gather in groups of 6 people outdoors whilst maintaining social distancing.
- form support bubbles with another household if you live alone.
To register for support with food parcels, or to receive priority slots for supermarket you need to register on line before 17 July on the gov.uk website or by calling 0800 028 8327.
Shielding support with food deliveries, medication will continue until the end of July
From 1 August you can
- return to work if you cannot work from home and your workplace is covid safe.
- participate in activities such as going to the shops or places of worship.
- continue accessing priority supermarket delivery slots and NHS volunteer responder scheme.
Full details will be available on the government website from 6 July 2020.
A government letter will be sent to all shielding residents. see below.
Government guidance and social distancing for the shielded group
Food Parcels & Food Shopping
Everyone who has received a letter advising that they are clinically extremely vulnerable should register online if you need any extra support, for example, having essential groceries delivered to your home.