Dudley Council is committed to its businesses and will do all it can to support them through this difficult time.
Government Business Grants
The government has announced further financial support for businesses in the form of new grant schemes:
Local Restrictions Support Grant
* Only businesses who have business rates liability AND have been forced to close by the government are eligible to apply for this scheme.
- This grant is for certain businesses who have business rates liability and have been instructed to close by government. (see list below)
If you do not meet the criteria the grant portal system will not allow you to complete an application.
Additional Restrictions Grant
A discretionary scheme has also been announced to provide further support for:
- Businesses that have closed but do not pay business rates, and
- Businesses that have not been forced to close AND who mainly supply direct to the hospitality, events or leisure sector(s).
Applications for the Additional Restrictions Grant will be available on a phased basis.
ROUND 2: GRANTS FOR THE LOCAL AND NATIONAL RESTRICTIONS PERIOD 3/12/20 – 16/2/21:
ROUND 1: GRANTS FOR THE NATIONAL RESTRICTIONS PERIOD 5TH NOVEMBER - 2ND DECEMBER 2020.
How to apply for a Grant
You can apply for the grant schemes listed using our self-service grant application portal and attaching all supporting evidence. Before you apply, check your eligibility and get your supporting evidence ready. The self-service grant application portal will not accept requests from businesses that do not meet the schemes qualifying criteria.
All applicants/businesses must submit:
- Latest bank statement showing name, address and account details for verification purposes
- Evidence of proof of trading on the 4th November 2020 (before the first full day of national lockdown restrictions, commonly known as ‘the second lockdown’ began). Please provide evidence of the business trading on the 4th November or the day before the restrictions relevant to your business came into place
- Two pieces of evidence for fixed commercial property or fixed business-related costs (depending on scheme). E.g. Signed lease agreement, signed license arrangement, rent payments, mortgage, utility bills, buildings insurance
- Proof of applicant/business identification
You may also be required to supply your national insurance number, multiple examples of evidence of fixed business related or commercial property costs and/or trading structure depending on scheme.
All applications must be made via the online portal, if you need assistance applications are permissible via intermediaries on your behalf (i.e. via your Accountant).
Please read our ARG FAQs document before applying - Frequently asked questions
Dudley Business First
If you want to receive the latest advice and support for your business sign up to our free email updates.
Due to high volumes of calls our phone lines are very busy. You can check progress of your application in the Grant Approval self-serve portal.
If your enquiry relates to the Additional Restrictions Grant please contact: email@example.com
If your enquiry relates to the Local Restrictions Support Grant please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org