The Local Authority Emergency Assistance Grant for Food and Essential Supplies is to support people who are struggling to afford food and other essentials due to financial hardship and/or hardship caused by COVID-19. This scheme is temporary.
To be eligible for the scheme you
- must live in the Dudley Borough
- must be able to demonstrate that you do not have the resources to provide food, gas or electricity and/or essential household items for yourself or your household as a result of the impact of COVID-19 or other financial hardship.
Only one grant can be issued per household and is subject to fund availability.
Should your application be successful, a bank account in your name will be required for the funds to be transferred.
The maximum amount you can be awarded is £300, the amount will depend on your need and circumstances.
Applying for help
Please complete the COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Scheme Microsoft Word form and use the online response form to submit it to us.
If you cannot apply on line please contact the Covid-19 emergency assistance team for help with applying 03005552345 Mon - Fri 09:00 - 16:30 or by e-mail; LWA@dudley.gov.uk. Please note there is not an out of hours service.
You will be required in all circumstances to provide proof of ID, proof of financial hardship and proof of bank account. Acceptable documents are:
Making a decision
When we reach a decision on your application we will contact you by e-mail or phone. We will do this as soon as possible after you have provided the required information.
Please supply us with an e-mail address and number where we can easily contact you.
In claiming support from this scheme you are accepting the following:
- I understand that Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council reserves the right to verify any claim or associated expenditure by checking with third party organisations including but not limited to banks, credit reference agencies, information held by the local authority and other local authorities.
- If I provide false or misleading information, I understand the Council reserves the right to take further action against me including, but not limited to, the recovery of monies paid to me and/or legal proceedings.
- I understand Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council will make the final decision as to the payment of any grant.
- I consent to Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council checking any of the details that have been provided on this application form.
Privacy & Disclaimer Statements
The information that you provide will be processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Law for the purpose of provision and management of the Emergency Assistance grant fund. Your personal information, where provided, will be processed under Article 6, 1 (e) of the GDPR: processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
Further information can also be found within Dudley Council's Corporate Privacy & Disclaimer Statement.
Please make a note of your reference number as this will be required when submitting any evidence