Dudley Council is committed to its businesses and will do all it can to support them through this difficult time.
Government Business Grants
Following the introduction of national restrictions on 5 November 2020 the government announced further financial support for businesses in the form of new grant schemes:
- Local Restrictions Support Grant
- Additional Restrictions Support Grant
Local Restrictions Support Grant
** Only businesses who have business rates liability AND have been forced to close by the government are eligible to apply for this scheme. **
- This grant is for certain businesses who have business rates liability and have been instructed to close by government. (see list below)
If you do not meet the criteria the grant portal system will not allow you to complete an application.
Additional Restrictions Grant
A discretionary scheme has also been announced to provide further support for:
- Businesses that have closed but do not pay business rates, and
- Businesses that have not been required to close, but are still severely impacted by national lockdown restriction.
Applications for the Additional Restrictions Grant will be available on a staged basis.
Stage one: National restrictions 5th November 2020 - 2nd December 2020.
How to apply for a Grant
You can apply for the grant schemes listed above using our self-service grant application portal and attaching all supporting evidence.
**Please note: If you do not meet the criteria of the scheme to which you are applying the grant portal system will not allow you to complete an application.
As part of your application process you will be required to provide copies of the following:
- Proof of ratepayer/applicant/business identification (Passport / Driving Licence / Financial Accounts)
- Evidence of business trading as at 4th November (Delivery Note / Expenses Receipt / Purchase Order / Sales Receipt)
- Evidence that the ratepayer/applicant/business is named holder of bank account (Bank Statement)
- Evidence of company occupying the property as at 4th November (Electric Bill / Gas Bill / Landline Bill / Water Bill).
- If a rates payer you will also need to supply both your property reference number and account reference number (you will find these on your bill)
Depending on scheme and business category, you may also be required to supply your national insurance number (dependent upon your trading status), and/or multiple examples of evidence of fixed business related costs.
The grant awards are subject to the State-Aid de minimis limits.
Dudley Business First
If you want to receive the latest advice and support for your business sign up to our free email updates.
Due to high volumes of calls our phone lines are very busy. You can check progress of your application in the Grant Approval self-serve portal.
If your enquiry relates to the Additional Restrictions Grant please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your enquiry relates to the Local Restrictions Support Grant please contact: email@example.com