Cabinet members appointed to new portfolios
The leader of Dudley Council has announced which councillors will fill his newly-created portfolios.
Councillor Qadar Zada said he wanted the new posts, which were announced last month, to reflect the key priorities for residents in the borough.
The new cabinet will be:
- Leader – Councillor Qadar Zada
- Deputy Leader (to include HR, Legal and Communications) – Councillor Judy Foster
- Finance, Council Sustainability and Transformation – Councillor Pete Lowe
- Highways and Environment – Councillor John Martin
- Regeneration, Planning and Economic Investment – Councillor Khurshid Ahmed
- Communities – Councillor Gaye Partridge
- Health and Adult Social Care – Councillor Cathy Bayton
- Housing and Residents Welfare – Councillor Keiran Casey
- Children and Young People – Councillor Sue Ridney
- Partnerships, Commercial and Best Practice – Councillor Bec Gentle
Councillor Qadar Zada, leader of the council, said:
I want our most senior politicians in the borough to be model citizens, leading the priorities of our local residents.
At the heart of these changes are the people we serve. We have put our money where our mouth is.
We will bring a greater focus on community safety, our environment, supporting our most vulnerable residents and prioritising the welfare of every resident in the borough. We have senior politicians leading the community agenda and for the first time, the welfare of the residents of this borough will form the specific responsibility of our cabinet.
We will also be looking at the future which will be about generating more jobs for people of this borough, affordable housing, providing more opportunities for young people, and attracting business and investment.
Since taking control of the local authority we have been working with senior officers to develop these plans and we intend to launch them very soon.
I am so excited about what we can deliver together in Dudley.”