Thank you key workers
Dudley Council has commissioned special ‘thank you’ messages to appear on Dudley borough roads, in recognition of those on the frontline during the pandemic.
The message, which appears with the now iconic NHS rainbow, will be situated on eight key roads located near hospitals in the borough, thanking NHS, care and key workers.
It is hoped the message will help to remind residents of the need to stay home while while letting those on the frontline know how much people appreciate the work they are doing day after day.
Councillor Karen Shakespare, cabinet member for environment, highways and street services, said:
We have all been humbled and amazed at the selflessness and dedication of our frontline workers, who have given so much in the fight against coronavirus.
These messages are just another way of trying to say thank you for all they have done for us and I hope it will remind residents why we must continue to follow the government guidelines by staying alert to help control the virus and save lives.
Diane Wake, chief executive, The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust, said:
These markings will I am sure lift the spirits of our staff who have been truly amazing in the fight against Covid-19.
We have been overwhelmed by the response of our communities in the generosity and appreciation they have shown us and all other key workers too as we continue to respond.
Messages are being printed in the following locations:
- A4036 Pedmore Road Northbound between Level Street and Peartree Lane
- A4101 High Street Pensnett, between High Oak and Hospital.
- A4101 Kingswinford Road, between Scotts Green and Pensnett Road.
- A4601 Duncan Edwards Way. Cinder Bank to Scotts Green
- A461 Birmingham Road into Dudley from Burnt Tree
- A4123 Birmingham New Road Southbound Sedgley Road to Priory Road
- Vicarage Road, Amblecote, Stourbridge (as appropriate near to hospital)
- A4037, Tipton Road, Dudley, near junction to Mallows Road
People can find out more about Dudley Council’s response to the coronavirus including how to access services and support at www.dudley.gov.uk/coronavirus