Recently Viewed

Close Remove All

Dudley Council the historic capital of the Black Country
Dudley Skyline

Specialist Early Years Service

We provide support to any child between birth and entry into full-time school (0-5 years) where learning development is delayed, or a diagnosis indicates they will have special educational needs.

We believe that in the early years, parents/carers know their children best; so we always work in co-operation with you and in accordance with your wishes wherever possible.

What do we do?

Working in partnership with parents/carers we provide a variety of support depending on your child’s age, level of additional need, and the kind of help and support you may want. This could include home visiting, a place in a specialist nursery, an enhanced nursery or outreach support or monitoring. 

Our work includes: 

  • Assessment and teaching
  • Support and advice for parents, carers and early years provision
  • Training for parents and early years practitioners
  • Statutory paperwork for Education, Health and Care Plans
  • Transition support into nursery and full time school
  • Running a parent support group

How do I make a referral?

Children are usually referred by a paediatrician, speech and language therapist, health visitor or other professional. They will always ask for your consent for a referral to be made.

You can also make a referral by contacting us directly or ask your doctor or health visitor to refer your child.

What happens after a referral?

  • We will visit your child at home or nursery, to determine what kind of help we can offer.
  • Children are allocated to the teacher covering the area where they live.
  • A plan will then be agreed and your child will continue to receive help for as long as he/she needs to, until full time school age. When necessary, the teacher will then liaise with school staff to ensure a smooth transfer.

Our service also includes Bromley Specialist Nursery, Leapfrog and Enhanced Nurseries.