You can make an application for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction if you live in the Dudley borough and you or your partner:
- Pay rent to Dudley Council, a social landlord (Housing Association) or a private landlord
- Pay Council Tax to Dudley Council
- Have people living with you on a low income or unemployed (you may be able to receive Alternative Maximum Council Tax Reduction only)
If you think you may be entitled to apply for Housing and/or Council Tax Reduction, you can check to see if you qualify by using the gov.uk Benefits Adviserbefore making a claim.
If you think you are eligible then please apply as soon as possible, if you delay, you may lose out on benefit.
There are many ways to apply for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction:
If you are claiming other government benefits, you can claim Housing Benefit (but not Council Tax Reduction)
- Together with a claim for Pension Credit
- Together with a claim for Income Support, Jobseekers Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance
For more information on first two methods of claiming, see Claiming Housing and/or Council Tax Reduction with your claim for Pension Credit, Jobseekers Allowance, Income Support or Employment and Support Allowance