Personal budgeting support is about helping you, the customer to adapt to three key changes that Universal Credit (UC) brings:
- a single household payment
- being paid monthly
- rent being paid directly to you and not to your housing provider.
Personal budgeting support will support you to manage your money and paying your bills on time as you transition onto UC.
How does personal budgeting support affect Universal Credit claimants?
- Personal budgeting support will be offered to Universal Credit claimants when you make a claim and will be given to those of you who have a clear need.
- Help will be offered to you initially by phone, and then if necessary a face to face interview appointment will be made where we can discuss your financial circumstances directly with you.
What type of personal budgeting support will be available?
Advice will be given to you on:
- maximising your income by assisting in the application process for Council Tax Reduction, Discretionary Housing Payments and utility reductions.
- Budgeting advice will be given on how to manage money
- Examining your Income and expenditure.
- Signposting you to other organisations for more intensive support.
If you feel that you need help with your personal budgeting please either email your name address and telephone number to:- Clerks.Benefits@dudley.gov.uk and put in the subject line Personal Budgeting Support, or telephone us on 0300 555 8100.