Heatwaves can be dangerous, especially for the very young, very old or those with chronic disease.
If anyone you know is likely to be at risk during a heatwave, help them to get the advice and support they need. Older people living on their own should be visited daily to check they are OK.
Those at particular risk during a heatwave are:
- The elderly or frail
- Babies and young children
- People with mental health problems
- People on certain medication
- Those with a serious chronic condition, particularly breathing or heart problems
- People who already have a high temperature from an infection
- People who use alcohol or illicit drugs
- People with mobility problems
- People who are physically active like manual workers and sportsmen and women