Recently Viewed

Close Remove All

dudley metropolitan borough council header logo the historic capital of the Black Country
Dudley Skyline

Adult social care transport provides a specialist, accessible transport service to assessed service users. A network of providers work in partnership to meet the travel needs of vulnerable adults in Dudley.

Transport can be provided by:

  • Voluntary groups
  • Community transport
  • Externally procured taxis and coaches

How do I get in touch with social care transport?

Access to adult social services transport is via referral only from adult social care teams. If you would like to receive more information regarding adult social care services and assessments please see our Adult Health & Social Care pages. 

Is there a charge?

A charge may be made dependent on individual circumstances. This is assessed by adult social care teams prior to referral.

You can check what age you will be eligible for a travel pass with the Direct Gov calculator.


Blue Badge scheme

For information and how to apply visit our Blue Badge pages. 

Disabled person's railcard

This entitles you to a one-third discount for you and one accompanying adult on most fares. If you are registered blind or visually impaired you and a companion are entitled to this discount even if you don't have a card.

You can visit the National Rail website for more information, you will also find a useful leaflet 'Rail Travel for Disabled Passengers'; including an application form in your local train station. Alternatively please ring on 0845 605 0525 or for Minicom, test phone for deaf or hearing impairments; please use 0845 601 0132.


If you are disabled you may be eligible to register with Ring and Ride for door to door transport - you can contact Ring and Ride Dudley on 0121 505 7316.

If you use a wheelchair:

When booking a private taxi, inform the company that they will be carrying a disabled person and a wheelchair. Important points:

  • The law states they cannot refuse to take you unless the chair will not fit in their vehicle.
  • They can charge a booking fee of £1.50 (set by the council) otherwise they can only charge what is on the meter. 

You can obtain a factsheet from the Licensing Department on 01384 815377 or email.

Older person's

The older person's bus pass is awarded in line with the pensionable age of women, whether you are male or female. If you have reached this age and live in the West Midlands county you are entitled to free travel on public transport. Travel passes can be used on trains, most buses and the Metro tram within the West Midlands county.

Travel passes, further information and an application form are available on the Network West Midlands website. You can apply direct online, or print out an application form if you prefer. 

The pass can also be used on Ring and Ride - a door to door funded service for people who find it difficult to use ordinary transport. 

Shop mobility

Loan wheelchairs and electric scooters in shopping centres. For example Merry Hill shopping centre.

  • Wheelchairs - you will need proof of ID such as a driving license or disability badge.
  • Electric scooters - you must book 48 hours in advance and register for this service. You will need two forms of ID, one of which must be photographic ID. 

For further information and contact details visit Shopmobility.

Birmingham Regional Driving Assessment Centre (RDAC)

The RDAC specialises in providing assessments for people who want to learn to drive or return to driving for people who are disabled, have suffered a stroke or debilitating illness.

The centre has a team of experienced and dedicated professionals as well as a range of adapted vehicles to cater to your mobility needs. You can find out more and apply for an assessment online with the Regional Driving Assessment Centre.

Contact us