Our enabling community support service provides a range of practical help, advice and support to older people in their own homes to help them live independently, happily and successfully.
Support on offer can help to:
- improve your health, hygiene and wellbeing
- improve your financial situation - including help with claiming the correct benefits, completing application forms / paperwork
- boost confidence
- address loneliness
- develop independent living skills
- support you when you return from home after a hospital stay
We also provide:
- a useful visiting service for carers
- a 'Pleased to meet you' scheme which works to help older people get out and about, enjoy life, meet other people and avoid feelings of loneliness or isolation
- During the winter months we can also offer help to people over sixty who are struggling to get out due to illness or mobility. Including help with getting essential groceries, or picking up medications.
Pleased to meet you
Loneliness can have a huge impact on both physical and mental health. One of our key focuses is to reduce loneliness and isolation for all older people. The pleased to meet you scheme is about helping older people stay positive in later life and providing a helping hand to help anyone feeling lonely get out about and enjoy life. Together we can help you overcome the fear of stepping into the community you want to be involved in or even create something new.
Evidence shows that being lonely has the same negative impact on health as smoking 15 cigarettes a day.
You may also find our Independent Living brochure helpful; with detailed information on the full range of services available to help keep you safe, secure, happy, well and independent in your own home.