The Children in Care & Care Leavers Awards is an annual celebration where we recognise our children’s personal achievements. Every child or young person in care will have had different experiences in life, and this event is designed to acknowledge how these children and young people have made a difference to their own lives orsomeone else’s.
The awards are designed to inspire children and young people to strive for success, knowing that we as their corporate parent are behind them every step of the way and appreciate how much they are achieving.
- Horizon Award - To recognise a young person who has shown ambition, aspiration, resilience and remained focussed despite the barriers they have faced
- Make A Difference Award - To recognise a young person who has made a positive contribution to their community e.g. through volunteering, helping others etc.
- Super Skill Award – To recognise a young person who has shown talent and excelled in a particular skill e.g. cooking, IT, academically, art, sport etc.
- Fierce Friend Award - To recognise a young person who have shown tremendous support to a friend. This can either be a good friend to someone in care or a care leaver, or someone with care experience who has been a good friend
(For the above Awards there will be 3 age groups 8 – 11; 12+ and care leavers)
- Job & Enterprise Award - To recognise a care leaver who has shown determination, commitment & motivation in work or business
- The People’s Award – To recognise any adult who has made an outstanding contribution to a young person / young people e.g. a teacher, social worker, foster carer – any adult. For example they have listened to young people and take action on what they say; treated them with dignity & respect; gone above and beyond their usual role.
The children and young people are nominated by those who know them, such as social workers, teachers and carers. These are the people who will see a child make a difference first hand, and with the Awards they have an opportunity to provide a child or young person with the recognition they deserve and demonstrate how proud we are of their progression to adulthood.
Deadline for entries is 30 September 2019
The next awards will be taking place on 28 October 2019 at Dudley College.
Make your nomination
If you have any questions please call 01384 815174 or email YouthService.Cs@dudley.gov.uk