You can now say which school, college or other educational setting you would like your child to go to. We will provide you with information for you to find out about schools and colleges and following your recommendations we will consult with your preferred setting(s)/college(s), who will also have 15 days to respond.
If they do not respond within the timescales then we may name them in the final EHCP if they are maintained by Dudley Council or if they are:
- an Academy (mainstream or special)
- free School (mainstream or special)
- non-maintained special school
- FE or 6th Form College
- independent school or independent specialist college (where they have been approved by the Secretary of State and published in a list available to all parents and young people).
Any of the settings listed above must comply with your request unless:
- it would be unsuitable for the age, ability, aptitude or SEN of the child, or
- the attendance of the child would be incompatible with the efficient education of others, or the efficient use of resources
If the setting is not in the Dudley Local Authority and is maintained by another local authority we will have to consult with that authority for a place in their setting/college.