The trees within our gardens and streets help to give character to the different areas of the Borough. These trees are important because they:
- Improve the appearance of a neighbourhood.
- Enhance property values.
- Encourage wildlife.
- Clean the air.
- Encourage community participation.
- Maintain the existing trees by encouraging good tree management.
- Plant new trees in gardens.
- Manage existing street trees and replace old trees.
- Plant new street trees.
Related policies number 1-16, 18, 20, 23, 24, 26, 27, 30-40.