Throughout the Borough there are areas of land which have been planted with large numbers of young trees in groups. These groups are important because they:
- Are good for wildlife.
- Many screen a less pleasant view.
- Act as windbreaks.
- Cut down noise.
- Divide areas of development.
- Could become mature woodland.
- “Green” derelict land.
- To increase the range of habitats within young tree plantations.
- To manage young tree plantations appropriately for their location and desired use.
- To establish young woodlands.
- To encourage community involvement in maintenance where appropriate.
Related policies number 1-10, 12-15, 25, 28, 29.