The main transport corridors, road, rail and canal are often the only view a traveller through the Borough will have. Many people use these routes so the trees along them are very noticeable.
These trees are important because they:
- Improve the image of our Borough.
- Clean the air.
- Cool the towns in summer.
- Cut down traffic noise.
- May link up open spaces.
- Maintain the existing tree cover by good tree management.
- Plant replacement trees as existing trees get old.
- Improve the tree cover where it is poor with new tree planting.
Related policies number 1-11, 13-22, 24, 30, 31, 33, 35, 36, 38-40.