Recently Viewed

Close Remove All

dudley metropolitan borough council header logo the historic capital of the Black Country
Dudley Skyline

Why do I need insurance? What does it cover?

Why do I need insurance?

Dudley MBC strongly advise all tenants and leaseholders to take out home contents insurance, this will cover the items you have bought for your home if they are lost, stolen or damaged by fire, theft, flooding or accidental damage*.

Do I need to be a council tenant or leaseholder?

Yes, this insurance scheme is only available to council tenants or leaseholders.

What is covered?

From as little as 82 pence per week with a FREE EXCESS, most household goods and contents are insured in your home, this includes furniture, TV, clothing, carpets, electrical goods, lost or stolen keys, freezer contents, items kept in locked sheds. Items purchased through a weekly payment scheme or Hire Purchase are also covered.

What does it cover me against?

Your contents would be covered against the loss of items caused by fire, theft, vandalism and water damage by specific events and occurrences. Full Accidental Damage cover is available for an additional premium.

'New-for-old' insurance

All your home contents are covered by the policy on a 'new for old' basis, with the exception of linen and clothing which will be replaced at their current cost, less an amount for wear and tear.

* Full Accidental Damage cover is available for an additional premium