Advice and Information

Dudley Council the historic capital of the Black Country
Dudley Skyline

The child performance and activities licensing legislation sets out the arrangements that must be made to safeguard children when they take part in certain types of performances, paid sport or paid modelling and what the law requires of people responsible for putting on these performances and activities.

The Children (Performances and Activities) (England) Regulations 2014 - set out the requirements of licences and exemptions issued under section 37 of the Children and Young Persons Act 1963.  The legislation applies to all children - from birth to the end of the school year in which they turn 16 years old.

The licensing requirements are designed to protect a child's health, education and welfare. Here you can find guidance on child performance regulations and how to apply for licences.

Performance Legislation

Frequently asked questions

Do you have a question or query about Children in Entertainment? Find lots of answers in our frequently asked questions

Apply for a Performance Licence

The person responsible for organising the production is responsible for submitting the performance licence application.

Apply for a Chaperone Licence

Find out about the chaperone application process and how to apply for a licence; including renewals.