Recently Viewed

Close Remove All

Dudley Council the historic capital of the Black Country
Dudley Skyline

Applying for a child performance licence

It is the responsibility of the performance producer, director etc, to apply for a child's performance licence.

How to apply

The application form comes in two parts and is available below for you to download. Once you have completed all necessary performance details in Part 1 of the form you must then send it to the parent/carer to complete and sign Part 2 (please note at the end of Part 2 there is another section for the applicant to sign).  You should make your application at least 21 days before the first day of performance.

Your completed application form should be returned with the following:

  • A copy of the child’s birth certificate (scanned copies are acceptable – please do not send original hard copies).
  • One identical print (un-mounted) of a photograph of the child taken during the last 6 months or an electronic likeness (e.g. a jpeg file).
  • A copy of the contract, draft contract or other documents (where they exist) containing details of the agreement regulating the child’s participation in the performance or activity to which this application relates.
  • a letter from the child’s Head Teacher (if required), which states that the child can be absent from school to take part in the performance (or the Head Teacher can complete the form below).

Please submit your completed application form and attach other relevant documentation using the online submission button below.

Child Modelling

In the case of child modelling, the licence applicant is the person responsible for the organisation of the sporting event or the person who proposes to engage the child as a model.

If a child is involved in modelling and is likely to be employed at short notice then a parent should complete Part 2 and the Agent/Applicant must send it to the Child Employment Officer, along with all the additional documents listed above.

This initial application will be kept for six months from the date of receipt. If a child is employed during these six months then the applicant must supply the information required in Part 1 of the application form for each assignment and sign the applicants section on Part 2. Upon receipt of this information an individual licence will be issued for each individual job. At least 5 days notice is required.