Do you want to understand how you can be supported in your school/college or training provider?
Are you a Young Person with Special Educational Needs/Disabilities?
Dudley SENDIASS are running on-line Q&A sessions designed to give you an opportunity to ask questions and find out about the support you could have linked to your Post-16 hopes and aspirations.
The Online Young Persons Support sessions will look at specific areas and will provide legally based information and advice:
Thursday 19th November 2020 (4pm till 5pm): SEND support in settings
- Explaining what support a school/college or training provider can offer
- Support in requesting an education health care assessment
Tuesday 8th December 2020 (4pm till 5pm): What is an EHCP?
- What is an Education, Health and Care plan (EHC plan)
- How it can help you in your setting or training provider
- Timeline of the EHCP process
Some young people access our service with their parents; if you want your parents or other family members to join the sessions with you, they are very welcome.
Others may want to contact the service separately from their parents. You can do this and will receive confidential information and support that will allow you to participate in decisions.
We can also signpost and give support around;
Key People in college and training providers with knowledge around SEND.
Services who can support you to choose a college, training provider or find employment.
How to highlight your SEND to colleges, training providers and employers.
Dudley’s Local Offer
To book on to a session contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us have the following details
- Name and contact email
- Who will be in the session with you
- Which session you would like to attend.