Recently Viewed

Close Remove All

dudley metropolitan borough council header logo the historic capital of the Black Country
Dudley Skyline

Spillage on roads is a nuisance and needs to be cleared up. In some cases mud and spillage on the public highway is hazardous and can cause traffic accidents. Where mud and/or spillage has occurred, details should be passed to Dudley Council, the Highway Authority so that it can be cleared up and if appropriate investigation made as to its cause.

It’s important to give an exact location, the type of material involved (i.e. diesel, petrol, mud) and a rough indication as to the amount (this is not always easy, use simple measures that you’re familiar with. i.e.: "mud from a large lorry over 40 meters", "half a motorbike tank of diesel" etc.).

If you see the person, or vehicle, responsible for the spillage please try to give a description or registration number.

Please note that we do not have a duty to sweep or clear up spillage on private roads or other areas, such as office car parks or garage sites.

Reporting a spillage

If you see a incident of spillage on the highway that could cause a hazard, or you have been involved in a commercial spillage please report it immediately. Please use our online form.

If I am not satisfied with the service I have received from the Council, how do I complaint?

If you feel we have failed to provide you with good service, please contact us and we will endeavour to resolve any concerns you may have. We also have a formal complaints procedure.


Contact Details

  • Name Street Cleansing, Environmental Management
  • Address Directorate of the Urban Environment, Lister Road Depot, Lister Road, Dudley, West Midlands, DY2 8JW
  • Telephone 0300 555 2345