Public transport use reduces congestion, pollution, wear and tear on vehicles and is often quicker and cheaper. Buses in the West Midlands currently can approximately carry the equivalent occupants of 22 cars each.
Why not try ...
- offering discount travel passes to encourage greater bus or rail use
- offering low or interest free loans which can be taken directly from salaries to help employees buy season tickets
- the bulk purchasing of day passes for use on site visits or travelling to meetings
- paying public transport expenses for mileage undertaken on work related journeys
- a public transport promotion scheme by funding a travel pass for employees who give up a parking space
- installing charge machines in the workplace for public transport fares