Various work practices can increase productivity, reduce peak time congestion and save organisations money.
Why not introduce ...
- working from home - its quiet, convenient, productive and reduces the need to travel
- hot-desking - it reduces overheads by incorporating shared desks with homeworking
- flexi-time - it can reduce peak time congestion and be convenient to employees
- pool vehicles - using pool cars, bikes or scooters for work related trips
- work buses - to bring staff to and from work from various locations to suit shift patterns and can be combined with neighbouring organisations
- encouraging new staff to live nearer to the workplace or offer free travel passes instead of a company car or parking space