Recently Viewed

Close Remove All

Dudley Council the historic capital of the Black Country
Dudley Skyline

Travel passes for older persons and people with disabilities

Travel and transport are important to people and the prosperity of the borough. Dudley Council and its partners play an important role in keeping the road network safe and usable, as well as ensuring that transport services meet the needs of local people, businesses and visitors.


Older people who are eligible for an English National Concessionary Travel Pass – can travel free on the bus anywhere in England during 'off-peak' times.

Off-Peak times 
Between 9.30 am and 11.00 pm Monday to Friday.
All day at weekends and on Bank Holidays.

Centro issued passes 
In the West Midlands - free travel on the bus, train and Metro.
Valid from 9.30 am until the end of daytime service Monday to Friday.
Valid anytime at weekends and on Bank Holidays.

If you need to travel before 9.30 am Monday to Friday you can either pay the fare or you can buy a season ticket.


Passes are valid on trains in the blue zone at applicable times on standard class.


Passes are valid on the Metro at applicable times.

Ring and ride

The pass can also be used on Ring and Ride. This is a door-to-door service for people who find it difficult to use ordinary transport.

Apply for or Renew a pass

Dudley Council does not administer the National Travel Pass initiative. Information on applying for a pass is available on the Network West Midlands website or you can call them on 0345 303 6760 and they will post a form to you.

Where to get your travel pass in person

To visit an office to get your free travel pass fill in the application form and take it to one of the following Age Concern Check and Send Offices:

  • Merry Hill: Age UK Dudley, Unit 56A Upper Mall, Merry Hill Centre, Brierley Hill DY5 1FR. Tel: 01384 267007

  • Stourbridge: The Elton Centre, off Parkfield Road, Stourbridge DY8 1HA. 
    Tel: 01384 813565.

Eligibility - Residency Criteria

To qualify for a pass issued by Centro you must live permanently in one of the seven Districts of the West Midlands below:

  • Birmingham
  • Coventry
  • Dudley
  • Sandwell
  • Solihull
  • Walsall
  • Wolverhampton

If you do not live in one of the seven Districts above please contact your Local Authority for details of how to apply in your area.

You will need to provide one item of proof of address from:

  • Utility bill – less than 3 months old
  • Bank statement – less than 3 months old
  • Council tax bill – current tax year
  • Driving licence – a photocard driving licence can be used as evidence of both age and residence. Otherwise you will need to provide two separate pieces of evidence.

Eligibility - Age Criteria

Check the date you will be eligible for a pass. Please note that you can apply up to one month before you become eligible

If you qualify for an ‘age related’ pass, we will need to see one of the following documents which shows your date of birth.

  • Driving licence – a photocard driving licence can be used as evidence of both age and residency. Otherwise you will need to provide two separate pieces of evidence.
  • Passport
  • Birth certificate
  • NHS medical card

Eligibility - Disability Criteria

Please see Network West Midlands webpage on Eligibility for a disabled person travel pass for details of the categories of disability that qualify you for a pass.