1. As soon as a couple have made provisional arrangements for their civil ceremony on approved premises they should be advised that the ceremony coordinator for the venue will contact the Superintendent Registrar for the district in which the premises are situated at The Register Office, Priory Hall, Priory Park, Dudley, DY1 4UE* to request attendance of the Registration staff at the venue for the date and time required by the couple. Confirmation of the attendance of the registration staff will be sent to the venue within 7 working days by email. The ceremony coordinator for Dudley Registration District will contact the couple to confirm the provisional arrangements and to give advice on the procedures required before the ceremony can take place.
a) *A fully completed provisional civil ceremony booking form should be sent to email@example.com to request the Registrars’ attendance by the ceremony coordinator at the approved premises.
2. It is essential that the couple make an advance booking with the Registration staff as soon as a booking can be accepted. (Up to twelve months in advance of the date of the ceremony.) A fee for this attendance will be payable before the ceremony.
3. The couple should be advised that only a civil, non-religious ceremony can be permitted by the Registrar. The contents of any proceedings must be agreed in advance by the Registration staff who will be attending the registration.
4. Any rights of copyright for music, readings etc permitted at the ceremony are a matter for the couple and the holder of the approval.
5. The Registration staff will arrange to meet with the couple to discuss the ceremony arrangements and issue a confirmation letter and information pack to the couple.
6. The parties must be advised of any limit to the number of guests attending their ceremony, determined by the size of the ceremony room.
7. The couple must be advised that punctuality on the day of the ceremony is essential. It must be pointed out that the Registration Staff may be booked to attend other ceremonies in different buildings. Late arrival may result in a shortened ceremony, no photographs following the signing of the record or the ceremony being postponed to a later time.
8. On the day of the ceremony the Registration Staff will arrive 30 minutes before the appointed ceremony time and will meet with the couple 20 minutes before the ceremony time in the interview room provided by the venue. For renewal of vows and commitment ceremonies, if the couple prefers they can been seen separately.