Following the governments announcement regarding the easing of restrictions we are pleased to be able to offer a more comprehensive swimming programme.
Information and guidance
- The changing rooms are currently mixed changing rooms due to refurbishment works
- Aquafit customers may be required to share a group changing room with other users
- Shower facilities are now available
- The early morning lane swimming session is for adults only
- For rules on using the lanes please see swimming etiquette below.
- The learner pool will remain closed until further notice.
- All children 8 years and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult. One adult must accompany up to two children under the age of eight.
Please note: The disabled hoist is currently unavailable.
Session type - school holidays
Adults only lane swim: for adults only who want to do lane swimming
Public (general swim) swim: open to all members of the public. Free swimming QR codes can be used in these sessions
Family Swim (families only): for adults with families only. Free swimming QR codes can be used in these sessions when accompanied by a responsible adult aged 16 years and above
Family fun disability session: for families and their children who have disabilities or special educational needs. Free swimming QR codes can be used in these sessions
Slow/medium lane swim: For swimmers who want to swim at a slower pace in a lane.
School holiday opening hours - Main pool
Free swimming is available during Dudley borough school holidays for residents aged 16 and under. Registration is required. Please visit www.freeswimindudley.co.uk for more information.
Family fun disability sessions
Term time opening hours - Main pool
Lane swimming etiquette
To ensure that your lane swimming session is a pleasant one, we would be grateful if you could adhere to the following rules:
- Please comply with centre conditions of entry and any poolside signage
- Please follow guidance given by the lifeguard
- Choose the correct lane for your ability - slow, fast or medium paced
- Be willing to switch lanes if your swimming speed is not similar to others in the lane
- Wait until the swimmers have turned and pushed off before entering the pool
- Swim clockwise / anticlockwise according to the lane that you are in
- Be aware of others swimmers entering the pool
- If you have to rest please do so in the corner of the lane, allowing other swimmers to pass safely
- Be conscious of oncoming swimmers and only overtake when it is safe to do so
- Show courtesy and consideration to others at all times
- Please note that anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated.