The pool at Halesowen Leisure Centre will close from Tuesday 31 August 2021 until Spring 2022 as part of a multi-million pound revamp of the site. Whilst we are open please follow the information and guidance stated.
Information and guidance
- The changing rooms are currently mixed changing rooms due to refurbishment works
- Aquafit customers may be required to share a group changing room with other users
- Shower facilities are available
- The early morning lane swimming session is for adults only
- For rules on using the lanes please see swimming etiquette below.
- The learner pool will remain closed.
- All children 8 years and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult. One adult must accompany up to two children under the age of eight.
Please note: The disabled hoist is currently unavailable.
Adults only lane swim: for adults only who want to do lane swimming
Public (general swim) swim: open to all members of the public. Free swimming QR codes can be used in these sessions during the school holidays
Family Swim (families only): for adults with families only. Free swimming QR codes can be used in these sessions during the school holidays when accompanied by a responsible adult aged 16 years and above
Family fun disability session: For people with disabilities, special educational needs, ASD and their families. Free swimming QR codes can be used in these sessions during the school holidays.
Slow/medium lane swim: For swimmers who want to swim at a slower pace in a lane
Boombox Inflatable Aqua Run Session: These sessions are not part of the free swimming scheme, therefore the relevant admission price will be charged. Children must be eight years and above to participate and be a minimum height of 1.2 metres. A swimming test is required before the session commences (1.20pm ); this includes jumping into deep water, treading deep water for 10 seconds and swimming one length of the pool using a competent stroke (not backstroke). A floatation aid cannot be used. Please note: If a child is unable to complete the swim test, a refund will be given and the child must be collected from the centre immediately by the parent/carer.
School holiday opening hours - Main pool
The pool at Halesowen Leisure Centre will close from Tuesday 31 August 2021 until Spring 2022 as part of a multi-million pound revamp of the site.
Free swimming is available during Dudley borough school holidays for residents aged 16 and under. Registration is required. Please visit www.freeswimindudley.co.uk for more information.
Free swimming will finish for the summer on Bank Holiday Monday 30 August at Halesowen Leisure Centre and on Wednesday 1 September 2021 at Crystal and Dudley leisure centres.
Family fun disability sessions
Lane swimming etiquette
To ensure that your lane swimming session is a pleasant one, we would be grateful if you could adhere to the following rules:
- Please comply with centre conditions of entry and any poolside signage
- Please follow guidance given by the lifeguard
- Choose the correct lane for your ability - slow, fast or medium paced
- Be willing to switch lanes if your swimming speed is not similar to others in the lane
- Wait until the swimmers have turned and pushed off before entering the pool
- Swim clockwise / anticlockwise according to the lane that you are in
- Be aware of others swimmers entering the pool
- If you have to rest please do so in the corner of the lane, allowing other swimmers to pass safely
- Be conscious of oncoming swimmers and only overtake when it is safe to do so
- Show courtesy and consideration to others at all times
- Please note that anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated.