Overview and re-opening information - 12 April 2021
In accordance with the government 'roadmap out of lockdown' guidance, Crystal, Dudley, Halesowen leisure centres, the Dell Stadium and Coseley Sports Centre are now open.
Dudley and Halesowen Leisure Centres are open for gym sessions and lane swimming. Crystal Leisure Centre is open for gym sessions but the 25m and leisure pool will remain closed due to the refurbishment of the changing rooms.
Saturday 3 May: Dudley Leisure Centre will re-open for badminton.
Mid-May (Date TBC): Crystal Leisure Centre will re-open for badminton and table-tennis.
Please note: Badminton and table-tennis can only be played by customers from the same household and can only be booked by calling the leisure centres. Fitness classes will not return until Monday 17 May 2021 at the earliest.
Monday 17 May (at the earliest): Depending on government advice and guidance, we will see the re-opening of more facilities/activities within the leisure centres, including fitness classes at Crystal and Dudley leisure centres. It is also planned to re-open the Soft Play Suite and Café at Crystal Leisure Centre. Fitness classes at Halesowen Leisure Centre will only be available online initially whilst refurbishment work takes place.
Booking an activity: To visit the centres you must pre-book a session online or over the phone. If you are a member you can book online (excluding badminton and table-tennis) or by phone up to 7 days in advance. Non-member can book up to 4 days in advance by calling 01384 812800. Non-members will have to pay at the time of booking.
Please note: An online booking facility is not available at The Dell Stadium or Coseley Sports Centre.
The online booking facility is now open. You can book a maximum of one activity session per day.
Direct Debit and annual members: We want to assure members that you will not lose out due to the lockdown closures of our centres. If the re-opening dates remain the same, it is proposed that the first Direct Debit collection for monthly members will be on 1 June 2021. This will recompense for the payment taken in January and for re-opening mid-month in April. Annual members will have the subscription end date extended to account for the closures.
Safety and hygiene measures: Social distancing and hygiene measures will remain in place. All customers will be required to wear face masks whilst in the facilities and when not participating in exercise.
New and exciting developments planned for Crystal, Dudley and Halesowen leisure centres.
Booking is easy using our online leisure bookings portal. Sign in with your membership number to book facilities and more!
Re-opening FAQs - April 2021
Opening and closing hours remain the same. Gyms, swimming, badminton and table-tennis sessions are operating at different times.
Please be aware that some activities are not available at certain centres due to refurbishment/development work.
What activities are available?
- Lane swimming for competent swimmers at Dudley and Halesowen leisure centres
- Lifestyles gyms at Crystal, Dudley and Halesowen leisure centres
- Gym inductions can be booked by contacting the centres on 01384 812800
- Badminton from 3 May 2021 at Dudley Leisure Centre
- Badminton from mid-May 2021 (date TBC) at Crystal Leisure Centre
- Football and athletics track (the Dell Stadium)
- Football at Coseley Sports Centre
- Table-tennis at Crystal from mid-May 2021
- Clubs who cater for under 18's can re-commence
Closed for now
- Leisure pool at Crystal Leisure Centre
- 25m pool at Crystal Leisure Centre
- Learner pool at Halesowen Leisure Centre
- Learner pool at Dudley Leisure Centre
- Fitness classes, including aquanatal at all facilities
- Squash courts
- Soft Play at Crystal Leisure Centre
- Badminton at all facilities
- Table-tennis at Crystal Leisure Centre
- Changing rooms at Crystal Leisure Centre
- Changing rooms at The Dell Stadium
- Changing rooms for gym and badminton users
- Lockers (swimmers at Dudley and Halesowen can take bags onto poolside)
- Disabled hoist at Halesowen Leisure Centre
- Shower facilities are closed at Dudley Leisure Centre
- Shower facilities are closed at Coseley Sports Centre
- Many clubs have not yet returned to the centres
- Cafe Crystal at Crystal Leisure Centre
Changes to keep you safe
- Badminton at Crystal and Dudley leisure centres and table-tennis at Crystal Leisure Centre will be offered on a pre-booking basis for customers from the same household only. All players will be asked to provide proof of address to confirm their household. A maximum of 4 people per group is permitted. The online booking facility is no longer available, therefore to book a court or table-tennis table please call the centres on 01384 812800.
- Every member of the public entering the centre must scan the NHS QR code (using the NHS Test and Trace app) which is displayed in reception areas. Manual contact details will continue to be taken for those who do not have a smart phone.
- Face masks must be worn when entering, exiting and transitioning through the centre. Your face mask must cover your nose and mouth at all times. Please do not wear a face mask when exercising or if you are exempt from wearing one.
- Everyone must book a session - this will help to stop the centres from getting too busy
- When booking, we will take your name and number for test and trace
- We have enhanced cleaning measures in place and will be cleaning the centres more frequently throughout the day. Areas will be closed at certain times for cleaning
- Hand sanitiser is available
- Floor markings and signs are in place to help you keep a safe distance from other users
- No spectators are allowed
- Lockers are out of use throughout the centres
- Changing rooms, lockers and showers are closed to dry side users
- Changing rooms and showers are open to swimmers only
- Toilets are out of use unless you are using the centre
- Changing rooms at Crystal and Dudley are now mixed changing rooms
Swimming pool opening hours
The swimming pools at Dudley and Halesowen leisure centres will re-open on Monday 12 April 2021 at the earliest. Learner pools will remain closed.
Fitness class timetables
Due to government restrictions, fitness classes will not be offered at the leisure centres until 17 May 2021 at the earliest.
Badminton and table-tennis
The Dell Stadium
Covid-19 Secure Notices
Covid-19 Secure Risk Assessments
Crystal, Dudley and Halesowen Leisure Centre: 01384 812800
The Dell Stadium: 01384 812942
Crystal Leisure Centre: 01384 812912
Dudley Leisure Centre: 01384 812819
Halesowen Leisure Centre: 01384 812934
Crystal Leisure Centre Bell Street, Stourbridge, DY8 1AE
Dudley Leisure Centre Wellington Road, Dudley, DY1 1UH
Halesowen Leisure Centre Great Cornbow, Halesowen, B63 3AF
The Dell Stadium Bryce Road, Pensnett, Brierley Hill, DY5 4NE