Unfortunately we have had to cancel the November 2020 swimming lessons due to government restrictions. We are hoping to re-introduce some swimming lessons early 2021 if government guidance allows us to. Details will be available when we have further information. If you wish to speak to a member of staff, please call the leisure centre between 10am to 3pm, Monday to Sunday.
We are offering a limited amount of lessons to existing swimmers only who are aged 8 years or over when our swimming lessons re-commence.
Please ensure that if you are entitled to the Options+ leisure discount, your subscription is up to date. We will be unable to renew your Options+ leisure discount subscription on the day of enrolment.
Lessons will be available from Stage 1A through to Stage 7 on a Monday and Tuesday evening initially. Please ensure you know what stage your child currently is with us.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, class numbers have been reduced, therefore there will be limited availability and spaces will be offered on a first come, first serve basis. No spaces will be held, you must be able to pay for your booking at the time of enrolment.
The centre is following government guidelines and industry standards, therefore all lessons and sessions at the centre are subject to change. We reserve the right to cancel our swimming lessons if guidelines change at late notice.
The enrolment process
Enrolments will proceed in a different way to usual. Initially, you will need to book a time slot in order for a member of staff to contact you. This will take place on either Saturday 31 October or Sunday 1 November 2020. Please be aware that this is not a time slot for your child's swimming lesson but a time for our swimming coordinators to contact you. Please ensure you are available for a phone call on either of these dates. We will require an email address as a form of correspondence to proceed with the enrolment.
We will be open the time slots on Wednesday 28 October 2020. You will be able to call reception on 01384 812800 (Option 1) and book your time slot only from 12pm onwards.
We cannot accept face to face bookings in the centre, so please do not enter the centre and try and book your slot. Please be aware that we are not accepting cash as a form of payment. It will be card payments only which must be made at the time of booking.
Keeping you safe: Covid-19 restrictions
We want you to enjoy your visit to our centre and want you and our staff to feel safe. Please help us all by adhering to the following and ensure you read, understand and accept the terms and conditions we have in place:
- Please do not enter the facility if you or someone you live with has:
a high temperature
a new, continuous cough
a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste
One way system
- We are operating a one way system throughout the centre. Please follow the directional arrows in operation.
- Entry will be via the fire exit doors located on Wellington Road.
- A register will be taken on entry and exit. This must include the name and contact number of the person collecting their child as this will be used for test and trace purposes.
- Exit will be via reception. A member of staff will escort your child(ren) to the exit. Parents/carers must wait outside the centre.
Swim ready policy
- Your child will need to arrive swim ready (have their swimwear on underneath their clothes)
- There are no lockers in use, therefore a member of staff will allocate your child a chair on the poolside balcony to put their belongings on.
- Please provide your child with a bag so that they can put their belongings into it. We do not allow loose belongings to be left on the poolside balcony.
- Please also ensure your child has used the toilet before arrival.
- Please note, staff are not able to help children with goggles and hats.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to allow spectators on the poolside balcony at present. We are also not able to allow any person to wait anywhere within the centre. You will be required to drop off your child and return for them at the end of the lesson. It is essential that we have the name and contact number of the person collecting the child.
Changing room facility
- Please note that changing rooms are now mixed (male and female). This is to accommodate the one way system in place throughout the centre.
- A member of staff will allocate your child a cubicle in the changing room.
- Please ensure your child is capable of dressing/undressing independently as parents are not allowed to enter the changing rooms due to keeping the number of people in the area low.
- Please also be aware that there are no shower facilities at present.