Following government guidance and Swim England it has been necessary to implement the following rules and regulations.
Information and guidance
Dudley Leisure Centre's 25 metre pool will open for lane swimming only on Monday 12 April.
To visit the centre you must pre-book a session online or over the phone.
You can book a maximum of one activity session per day.
- The changing rooms are now mixed changing rooms.
- The swimming pools will operate as lane swimming only until further notice.
- Shower facilities are not currently available.
- Lane swimming is for competent swimmers only.
- The learner pool is currently closed.
- Swimming is pre-bookable online for members or by phone for non-members.
- Sessions are 60 minutes long with the pool closed for a 30-minute clean down between each session.
- For rules on using the pool please see swimming etiquette below.
- Please arrive with your costume on underneath your clothes ready to swim.
- Lockers are out of use. Please take your belongings onto the poolside in a bag.
- Changing rooms may be limited and you are advised to shower at home.
- Swimwear must be worn when showering.
- All children 8 years and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult. One adult must accompany up to two children under the age of eight. All swimmers must be competent swimmers to use the pool.
Please note: The learner pool will remain closed until further notice. Shower facilities are not currently available.
Opening hours - main pool
School holiday learner pool opening times and guidance
1. There will be double lanes in place to allow for safe distancing.
2. No diving is allowed.
3. Only 10 swimmers allowed per lane.
4. Choose the correct lane for your ability - fast or medium paced.
5. Wait to enter the water if another swimmer is close by
6. Swim in a clockwise direction.
7. Butterfly stroke will not be allowed.
8. Overtaking is permitted when safe to do so. Please ensure your way is clear and maintain social distancing while doing so.
9. Be aware of other swimmers entering the pool.
10. Keep rests to a minimum and no talking at the end of lanes.
11. If you have to rest please do so in the corner of the lane, allowing other swimmers safe distance to pass.
12. Show courtesy and consideration for others.
13. Please follow guidance given by the lifeguard.