Information on this web page is under review and is not current.
Descriptions of the Swimming Sessions
We have a number of swimming sessions to suit everyone as follows:
- Adult only length swim: for adults who wish to swim lengths only
- Adults & families: for adults and adults with families
- Public swim: for all members of the public
- Ladies only: For ladies only and ladies with children (please note that boys must be aged 8 or under to attend this session)
- Under 5's and adult swim session: for adults and parents with toddler
- Family swim: families only (children must be accompanied by a responsible adult)
Free swimming during the holidays is available for children aged 16 and under who live in the Dudley borough. Children can swim in sessions called ‘Public swimming’. To register go to www.freeswimindudley.co.uk.
The 'Boombox' aqua run sessions and the fun float sessions are not part of the free swimming scheme, therefore the relevant admission price will be charged. Please note that a swimming test is required before participation (1.15pm - 1.30pm), this includes jumping into deep water, treading deep water for 10 seconds and swimming one length of the pool using a competent stroke (not backstroke). Please be advised that a floatation aid cannot be used for the swimming test.
Family swimming sessions are open to juniors that are accompanied by a responsible adult aged 16 years and over. Adults 16 years of age cannot use the Free Swimming scheme if they are bringing an under 8 into the pool.
Ladies only sessions will not take place over the school holidays/Christmas period.
Adult lane swimming some lane sessions may have other activities taking place in the pool e.g. aquafit.
Pool times may be subject to change without prior notice.