[Skip to content]


Transfer of an Environmental Permit

Installations may change hands through normal business transactions and the Environmental Permitting Regulations allow for permits to be transferred either for the whole installation or for one or more parts of it.

Transfer of the environmental permit or part of the permit

Before an Environmental Permit can be wholly or partially transferred to another person, a joint application to transfer the Environmental Permit has to be made by both the existing and proposed permit holders. New operators must have the appropriate competence to run the installation in compliance with the conditions of the existing permit.

How do I apply?

You can transfer all or part of your environmental permit to another operator by submitting a joint application with the new operator.

You can apply by any of the following means:

  • For a full transfer of Part B EPR Permit you can use our online application form.

    This service requires an online payment; you will be taken to the secure payment facility upon submission of this form.

  • Download the application form at the bottom of this page. You can send us a completed and signed application form together with a cheque for the correct amount or bringing it to us in person at our offices.

  • Contacting us in writing, telephone or email. Please use the contact forms below to request an application form.

How Much Does It Cost to transfer Your Permit?

Fees are required for the transfer of permits. The fees normally change annually so for this year's fees please view the fee information.

LAPPC (Part B) Fees

LA-IPPC (Part A2) Fees

Whole installation Transfers

For a whole installation transfer if the Council are satisfied with the new operator’s competence and the correct fee has been received, the Council may either

  • Endorse the permit with the transferees details as the new operator or

  • Issue a new permit document

Partial Installation Transfers

For a partial installation transfer if the Council are satisfied with the new operator’s competence and the correct fee has been received, the Council will issue a new permit to the transferee and an amended permit to the original operator.

Further Information

For enquiries about the register please contact us via the details at the bottom of this page.

Contact Details

  • Name Environmental Safety and Health
  • Address People Directorate, 3-5 St James's Road, Dudley, DY1 1HZ
  • Telephone 0300 555 2345