A Strategy for Dudley's canals was adopted in 1999 and written in partnership with British Waterways as a planned response to the regeneration and improvement needs of the canal network across the borough. Listed within are key objectives of the position statement:
- To raise awareness, set standards and improve access for users;
- To safeguard and attract employment;
- To promote renewal and investment;
- To protect and improve the canal environment; and
- To identify priorities for implementation.
Key corridor studies are provided for the Birmingham Canal, Dudley Canal, Pensnett Canal and Stourbridge Canal.
The Strategy is available to download below, in two parts.